Thursday, March 22, 2012

Not an issue

So being born with this height, there's good and bad sides about it. I do envy people with taller height, but oh well, I'm fine with my height. Not that I can do anything with it also, still gonna live with it, plus the little sad when surrounded with tall hot girls :O (insecure plus confident straight away drop la okay!) or irritated when I can't get things that are arranged on the highest level of the shelves. Stuffs like that then I'm abit upset. Till I came accross this post by one of my favourite blogger, Audrey and I decided to quote some of her views her, to make myself stay positive like her. hehe =)


1. First of all, you’re a girl and girls are not expected to be tall anyway.  It could be worse; you could have been a guy.  Do you know how hard short guys have it! (see, this is how you be optimistic)
(To short guys: sorry I don’t know how you feel.  But if you feel bad, look at it this way.  At least you’re a guy!  You don’t have glass ceilings at work places and gender discrimination!  You will also never be susceptible to vaginal mutilation.  And less likely to contract HIV I think)
2. Second of all, being short is an ice-breaker.  Seriously.  I suspect people have greater propensity to feel kindly towards shorter girls.  Say, if I make a joke about my height, it always gets a laugh, and people may add on to it and people bond over that (making jokes, not over my height)  And if they get closer to me, I realize that people tease me for being short affectionately, not in a bullying way.  I don’t see how is that a bad thing.
3. Shorter girls tend to be cute.
4. Everyone (male and female alike) feels protective over small girls.  They’ll let you squeeze to the front of a crowd without glaring at you too much cos you won’t block their view.  They’ll help you open your canned drinks wtf.
5. You will always look young.  Cannot think of a better reason than this.
6. People remember you.  Would you rather be remembered for being short (and cute) or forgotten?  Once a bouncer at a club in Miami didn’t believe I was over 21 although I had ID.  He told me I had to jump up and touch the sign before he’d let me in WTF so I did.  The key is to not take yourself so seriously and you’ll be fine.  The bouncer loved it!  He laughed and let me in, and looked out for me afterwards to say bye. 
I can’t help being short.  But there’s no reason why it should bother me unless I let it.  I love being this height!  I would never change it.
         < http://fourfeetnine.com/2012/03/21/being-short/ >

Now that's a lesson for me! Should start loving my height and don't let it be my obstacle =)


No comments:

Post a Comment