Sunday, March 18, 2012

New place. Again


Finally everything is settled. Not literally every single thing, but almost. Oh well. Thought that we're lucky to get a corner unit of the apartment, gonna happily adapt to this new environment smoothly and happily. Turns out not so smooth. Internet issue with the apartment management team, internet contract cancellation, new internet, visa application, tuition enrolment misunderstanding, group study arrangements, job applications... Ahhhhhh!!! Glad that now I'm adapting well after settling those issues, well, except for job's part and coping with my studies. I was quite confident before the semester starts, thought that as long as I am discipline enough and allocate enough time on the studies, 3 subjects wouldn't be worse than University's 4 subjects per semester. But I'm so so so wrong! First, the semester period is so much shorter, which is only 2 and a half months! Freaking 2 and a half months then exam! No mid-semester break whatsoever! Then the study materials are like paragraphs style, just like text book! Siao! Plus the scopes are so broad and brief, I need to refresh my memories from my University's subjects to be able to remember the details. TELL ME HOW!


Looking on the bright side, I am really being more discipline, studying every single day. If I'm lazy I'll make sure I study at least some pages even if I need a day off from my studies. Hopefully I can make it! In addition to this after-uni life, I'm happy that I'm getting along with my housemate, like really well. Not sure why, but I feel like we've been staying here together for like forever even though it's actually just a month! Actually, it's not even a month yet lol... I guess it's because we have things in common, more obvious ones are coffee cravings and passion for photography. Of course the main factor of all will most probably be our attitude. We probably have very similar kind of principles and thoughts. At least, that's how I feel so far. We can exchange opinions, discuss and get through things together, and chit chat comfortably like old friends. Also, I think I can somehow see part of myself in her, I could relate to her ups and downs because I was once in those situations before, probably still, but I know I am becoming more stronger now. Life is going great now, I cook and we'll eat together, she don't mind whatever food I cook so I don't need to worry about my cooking lol, we'll eat out/maggie when I'm lazy, hunt for new coffee shop and take half a day off to walk around sight seeing or shopping once a week.



On the first two weeks, I really miss Adelaide badly, it's so much crowded here, so hectic! It's so different from what I felt the last time I came here for travel. Everyone is rushing, no one cares to say hi, no one cares to smile, drivers are unfriendly. Plus it really doesn't feel like a western place here, so many international brands and asian restaurants. It's just like another big city like in every other country. But in Adelaide, I can feel that I am in a different space. But now, I am slowly accepting, start exploring the hidden culture here. Well, this is a bigger city afterall. So in exchange it has all yummy food from various countries, all sort of brands, people from every corner of the world. And I've attended some festivals here, namely Suzuki night market (only mid Nov till end of Feb) and Moomba Festival. Watched my first fireworks in Melkbourne with the housemate =)


My graduation ceremony is confirmed. Dad is coming over and we're gonna enjoy it. I hope that he is proud of me. Looking forward to the trip actually, to experience a once in a life time ceremony, to meet up with friends, to go back to Adelaide, and to really have a break. Then it's my exams! Full speed to the exams! I can do it!


Always be thankful for everything and then we'll be happy, most of the time =D

No comments:

Post a Comment