Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Lunar Eclipse 16/06/2011


News have been spread around about the longest lunar eclipse and I really wanted to witness it. Astronomy stuff always give me this mysteriously amazing affection.



The best part is that I get to witnessed it from my hostel (The Village, Adelaide, Australia)! Its so spectacular! I don't even need an astronomy binocular, its visible and so pretty. According to ABC NEWS, the eclipse coincided with the northern hemisphere's mid-winter solstice for the first time in almost four centuries. How lucky am I! I don't know when's the next one coming, but I doubt I will be able to see it during winter season again in my life, judging from the history. I was super excited when I saw it, and I AM still feeling super excited about it now, that's why I'm blogging about it now, when everyone's still sleeping =D 

Freshly captured :





A lunar eclipse occurs when the Earth lines up between the sun and the moon, which then blocks the sun's rays to the moon, resulting in a partial or full shadow across the moon. The red colouring arises because the sunlight reaching the moon has passed through a long and dense layer of the Earth's atmosphere. (source)
It is said that lunar eclipses are extremely powerful events and often bring on life-changing events. Eclipses are never subtle, but rather they shout their news. Another hallmark of an eclipse is that they move up timetables dramatically. No matter what you thought you'd do, you'll probably have to revise your scheme (source). Its a myth, not one that I will believe in. But I guess we can just apply the advises as they are for good anyway: cherish the present, build your future, learn from the past and don't regret! Sometimes we tend to think too much, worrying about this and that, and ended up framing ourselves, hiding our true self from getting out of the box. Present is called "present" for a reason, its a gift, that we should appreciate and fully utilise. Besides, its our own lives, shouldn't we just be brave enough to live our dreams? Well of course there's a limit for it, with the condition that we wouldn't regret it in the future, gotta be proud of it instead.

If you're very interested in experiencing the whole eclipse process, please click on the video below :




No comments:

Post a Comment