Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Melbourne, Australia

Haven't been jotting down my memories for quite a while now. Thought I should write everything that I've done in the holiday before too busy with uni again. The first day we arrived Melbourne, we straight away head to Queen Victoria Market for something super duper adorable...

BEHOLD
......
.....
....
...
..
.


OH MY GOD right!!!! damn alot of teddy and all of them are soooo CUTE and SOFT !!!  

AND
...
AND
...
AND
...


This is my doggie
<3 <3 <3



hahahaha I'm so happy, eventhough it has been one month since I got doggie, I am still super excited hugging it lol... I think I am kinda have too much feeling towards doggie, but hey its really super cute =D hahahah okay, back to Melbourne, or else few years later, when I read back my posts, future me will be thinking current me is so stupid and crazy lol. Melbourne has blended people from different cultures and backgrounds together. And most importantly, its a place that you could really immerse yourself in their city and feel the mix of cultures, unlike Sydney that is so hectic and what I can feel from Sydney is just another hectic city even though it also has different cultures flowing into it. Basically the whole Melbourne trip is about food, and food, and food! ahah.. Seriously, its all about food, which is absolutely good for me b'cause I love food =P Honestly,till now I still miss churros from Queen Victoria Market, its actually spanish donut but obviously not is the normal round donut shape. A picture of churros with me =)



Probably should list down restaurants and cafes that I've been too.
  1. Ying Thai 2 
  2. Il Dolce Freddo
  3. Stalactites
  4. Grill'd
  5. Lindt
  6. Koko Black
  7. Pancake Pallas
  8. Max Brenner
  9. Galleon Cafe
  10. Hardware Societe
  11. Hu Tong Dumpling Bar
  12. Roule Gallette
  13. La Belle Miette
  14. Pie Face
  15. Lord of the Fries
So much to eat and I really love them all! No joke! Each and every one of them have their own specialties that I don't think any other restaurants can replace. I even develop my love towards crepes from this trip. It just so amazingly good, especially savoury crepes, its really yummy everyone should try it themselves! 







And we visited 2 churches which have been standing there for don't know how long. Its really great that I'm able to visit the churches as their paintings, designs, craftsmanships are unbelievable! its just like those churches that we always see in movies. 



However, Melbourne, unlike Sydney, don't have Opera House and Harbour Bridge as its popular landmarks. The nearest Australia landmark to Melbourne is Great Ocean Road, which caused us to travel for 550km for the journey. It is crazy! To make things worse, our tour guide/driver drove super fast, overtaking other buses, while the road is so winding and its a rainy day =.= Luckily the views were magnificent or else I'll kill the driver that made me vomit throughout the whole journey!




This is Melbourne Uni! Its really nice, can compete with Adelaide Uni (protective) lol... Visited Monash Uni's Caufield campus and Clayton campus as well, but its really disappointing. Clayton campus is huge but the buildings in both campuses are just ordinary buildings, by that I mean the style that's sorta in between modern and traditional. Well its my personal preference that I actually prefer such old buildings' designs. No offense to Monash student =P

Some random shots :





No comments:

Post a Comment