Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My pancakes



By far the best pancake recipe I've found =)
Because its fluffy!
Sort of having pancake crave lately, no idea why...
But eating pancakes remind me of waffles!
I love waffles but waffles here are so expensive ! =(
It's just not really worth it having the waffles at such high price frequently.
I guess that contributes to my pancake fever.
Plus I can't make waffles without the waffle mould, so I keep on making the pancakes nowadays.



* The owner of the recipe refrigerated the batter overnight, but I only refrigerated it for around 20-40 mins. It is not that important as long as the batter is slightly thickened. The recipe made 5-7 pieces of pancakes depending on the size.

PANCAKE RECIPE

1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 cup milk
1 egg, separated
2 tsps caster sugar
1 tbsp oil


directions :
1. combine flour, baking powder & salt in a bowl and mix well.
2. in another bowl, whisk together egg yolk, sugar and milk followed by oil. mix well and add it into the flour mixture and whisk to combine.
3. whisk egg white until soft peaks, then fold into the above mixture. at this point i refrigerated the batter overnight. this step is entirely optional but it does thicken the batter abit and prevent it from spreading too much when cooking.
4. heat griddle or a non-stick frying pan on medium low heat then scoop batter, about 1 ladleful onto the pan. cook until bubbles appear evenly on the surface, flip it over and cook until golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment